Ramps is short for reprap Arduino Mega shield, it is mainly designed for the purpose of using stepper driver board (similar to 4988 driver board). Ramps can only work when connected to mainboard Mega 2560 and DRV8825. Great compatibility with most 3Dprinter (all reprap-model such as pursa i2 and i3).
Note: This Board is only the shield, Stepper Drivers and mainboard are not included.
- Standard interfaces (as that of extruder)
- Reserved GCI like I2C and RS232
- MOSFET 3 MOSFET are applied to the heater/ fan and thermistor circuit.
- Another 5A added to protect the component parts.
- An 11A fuse is added to the hotbed
- Support 5 stepper drive board
- The adoption of Pin Header as pololu makes it more convenient to repair or change.
- I2C and SPI are reserved for expanding
- All the MOSFET can be controlled by PWM
- Use the interface of servo motor to adjust the level of printing platform automatically.
- Adding a SD module for SD ramps module.
- LED can indicate the status of the heater (the open and close of MOS).
- 2 stepper motor for Z axis in parallel.
- Expandable to control other accessories.